View Single Post
Old 06.14.2015, 10:33 AM   #46866
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Actually I don't want to start a beef or anything, so let me redact that comment about Antics "just plain suck[ing]" ...

The truth is that I enjoyed some of the singles from the album well enough, but the fact that the music videos for those singles would play on 5 screens at Fred Meijer on repeat really turned me off. Also I didn't hear anything in the singles that hit me the way the opening track or PDA did from Bright Lights.

2003/4 - 2009/10 was a really bad period for indie rock. I think it might have actually killed indie rock as we knew it in the '90s. All these brainy college rock bands, who would've been vying for he spot of Pavement or GBV of the 00s were instead rocketed into fame on a whole other level. I think the only band that came out of this unscathed was Deerhunter, who luckily clung to adventurous weirdness while Arcade Fire were off winning Grammies.

What was I saying again?
Oh yeah, sorry if I insulted any Antics/Interpol fans. I haven't listened to anything after Antics from start to finish, so I shouldn't judge.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|