View Single Post
Old 05.09.2013, 11:38 AM   #3116
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I bought about a dozen or so books at the Friends of the Houston Public Library book sale yesterday. Some awesome stuff!

I buy all my books at the library across the street from work, they have some seriously great shit, in fabulous shape because they weren't in circulation most were donated for sale, usually $.50-1.00, sometimes even 3 for $1!! Recently read this:

I thought it was superb. I liked that it was a single day stretched across several hundred pages (this only felt like it was too much for a day once or twice during the novel), with the perfect blend of mundane daily moments which intersect deep existential insights and reflections. After all, isn't this how real life is? I get some my deepest epiphanies about life waiting for the light rail to pull up, or sweeping the kitchen floor. The ending was surprising at several layers, and while partly unrealistic, the over-all effect was convincing. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author, naturally fluid dialogue and better narration, excellent pace, expansive sensory details and setting.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|