View Single Post
Old 03.25.2007, 05:55 PM   #1
XenakisMaster
empty page

XenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant future
The great Band, Velvet Cacoon......such masters.
I just heard them; both albums, "Genevieve" and "NorthSuite"...beauty comparable to the best Sonic Youth has to offer the mighty Universe. Great music for my Tired old Symphony ears.

I had the blessing to meet Sonic Youth at a concert I played (!!!)... at Cooper Union.The music composer, Iannis Xenakis was there and we played some of his music. Kraanerg was the piece by Xenakis. DJ Spooky ran the effects and the volume for the tape that played along with our orchestra. One of the epic experiences of my life. We made a CD too, on Asphodel records, title Kraanerg.

I saw Sonic Youth for my first time in San Diego 2005 Sept or so. I have had their albums for 15 years and always wanted to see them...quite the show...

peace out,
Matthew Scheffelman
Horn Professor, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
Principal Horn, Colorado Springs Philharmonic
space cowboy
XenakisMaster is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|