View Single Post
Old 04.08.2006, 01:04 AM   #73
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Interesting topic.

Someone said that they didn't think SY put very much thought into most of their album covers. I have to agree. For me, the best album covers always seem to hit right to the point, reflect what the album is about, what the theme is(if there is any). There's only a couple of covers that I like of SY: Ciccone Youth, Goo,Experimental Jetset, and Sonic Nurse. I like Ciccone Youth because it's simple and they don't advertise their name on the cover. I like Goo because of Pettibon. I like Experimental Jetset because it was simple and didn't try to convey some mixed message or something. Alot of their covers seem a bit arbitrary to what the album is.

If I knew nothing about SY and I saw this album, I would've thought they were a "political punk" band. Not really a fan of stencil military like lettering, don't really know what's going on in the picture, some of the letters look like "tape letterforms" or something. Can't say I'm a fan, but DIRTY had a stupid cover(and I respect Kelley alot) and that was a kick ass album. Washing Mashine had a bad cover too and that was a good album.

Maybe the uglier the album cover, the better the album?

I don't know if it was designed by CHABIB, but if he did that would come to no surprise. I sent CHABIB an email about his art but didn't get an email back. Has anyone seen his website? Any thoughts?
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|