View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 03:33 PM   #70
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelyat
You should start a thread about the irrelevance of cover art in one of the Non-Sonics forums. (Did you? I haven't checked.) I'd be more than happy to discuss this sort of thing. Because on the one hand, in the digital/iTunes/iPod/download age, covers and liner notes are fast becoming a thing of the past. But then on the other hand, there have been some really monumentally cultural defining record covers in the last fifty years. You know what I mean? Like it or not, the cover to Sgt. Pepper's defines the hell out of that record. You might not even agree with me, but either way you slice it, that record cover was something of a statement. The same can also be said of the cover of Nevermind, whether intentional or not.

We had a HUGE discussion about this a few months ago and it all started on a thread about iPods. One of the arguments against iPods hinged on the idea that record covers were an important part of the musical experience, but some disagreed and a debate broke out. Maybe I should make a thread about iPods.....
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|