View Single Post
Old 09.10.2014, 08:07 PM   #18190
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
"the pervert's guide to ideology" featuring slavoj zizek

A M A Z I N G ! ! !

all the answers you wanted to get and then some. (of course it's just a beginning, but still…)

deliciously enjoyable. will blow your mind repeatedly. you will laugh and laugh and laugh. sit through the credits!!

also recently, after seeing richard stanley in the jodorowski documentary, i rewatched

HARDWARE

yes, quite derivative, borrows *a lot* from 70's-80's SF (from luke's mechanical hand to the terminator to the monster in the spaceship like alien to a look like mad max), so it's quite a pastiche, but it still keeps a freshness and energy and a certain gallows humor that set it apart. after decades of lawyerly disputes it's been on blu-ray for a few years now (and it still looks as grainy as fuck ha ha ha).

last--

EUROPA EUROPA

some people (including the old-ass trailer) will make you believe this is a bleak sad fucking movie, and it a way it is, but it is also fucking hilarious at the same time and in spite of the bleakness we couldn't stop laughing-- well of course we did eventually but much of it is funny.

i popped my agnieszka holland cherry with "in darkness" recently, and looking back at her roots she does not disappoint.

if you dig deeper you'll discover she's also directed episodes of "the wire", "the killing" and "treme" (plus some other tv shit i haven't seen). so i "knew" her after all. check her out!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|