View Single Post
Old 01.26.2011, 02:15 PM   #13896
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
joe:
please watch angst and last house on dead end street and night train to terror. They were made for you, basically.

Did you know JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 was made by the guy who made POWDER who also made CLOWNHOUSE who was a child molestor? he molested the kid from CLOWNHOUSE. the kids' family had CLOWNHOUSE's dvd recalled. DVD copies ended up going for $200. I think it's on dvd again for real.

TOURIST TRAP has a genuinely great atmosphere. One of the best, especially for a non-Italian-horror-film.

DEMONRAIL
: Yeah, Craven isn't the worst director ever, I'm just not a big fan, and people like Tobe Hooper and Romero definitely are HORRIBLE directors, so Craven is way better than them definitely. Hooper never made a great film, CHAINSAW MASSACRE has a wonderful atmosphere at least and is quite good, the only one I'd reccomend (though LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET is way better. JOE, PLEASE WATCH LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET ASAP.)... but the rest of his output is horrid. I mean, wow. Romero? Ugh. I LOVE Dawn of the Dead. I quite like Martin and I think Bruiser is underrated. But I'm not a huge fan of the rest (Night of the Living Dead is beyond criticism, basically; but Day is boring, Land sucks, and Diary of the Dead is probably the worst mainstream horror movie ever made). Carpenter has made plenty of bad films (VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED?!) but he has made ESCAPE FROM L.A./New York and THEY LIVE, two of my favorite films ever. Can't forget BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. Actually, now that I think about it, my favorite film by him is definitely IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS. if you want to see a GREAT, albeit quite strange horror film, see that one. What's a "bad" Cronenberg film you've seen? I love all his films. Aside from FAST COMPANY. I think you said you don't like RABID, right? I'm not huge into Cronenberg anymore, but his atmospheres are always incredible, DEAD ZONE and VIDEODROME and THE BROOD and STEREO and CRASH and NAKED LUNCH and the underrated (yeah, I think it's underrated) A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE... love him. <3

Glad you decided to DePalma it up. See BLOW OUT and DRESSED TO KILL next. I've give BLOW OUT a 10/10, DRESSED an 8/10. PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE is probably his most brilliant film, though. BODY DOUBLE is his least popular film, probably, next to any he did about Mars or Wars (see what I did there?). I hadn't seen much Hitchcock when I saw it the first time. Now that I've seen some Hitchcock, I think the references are brilliant and hilarious, not distracting. I love the dVD I got of BODY DOUBLE at Big Lots - $3, and on the inside, it had a story about the movie being really really unpopular. Melanie Griffith is GREAT in this movie .

Why did that one chick throw her panties away?!

tw2113:
TWIN PEAKS pilot is a movie. You know why? Because I used to own the TWIN PEAKS pilot vhs! Which was presented as a 90 minute movie. BTW, has anyone seen this vhs version versus the gold box version? they changed the music, completely! The original version didn't have all the badalamenti stuff, it's almost like they have "filler" music for a lot of the scenes. The music was COMPLETELY different -- it had LOTS of flanger, lots of phasing, lots of drone.

The pilot is a movie just like FIRE WALK is a movie. In fact, the pilot is a movie, if simply because it wasn't on the original DVD because someone owned the movie rights to Mark Frost's Tiwn Peaks movie.

THEDOM:
And so, your obsession starts. Wow, man, it's so weird, how you felt about Pierrot is how I felt. I didn't know if I "got" it all but it haunted me for a while. Now I definitely "get" everything -- it's a pretty easy film to understand/follow once you see it a few times, there's just a LOT to take in. It's basically just aseries of self-referential vignettes. It was kinda like EVERYTHING Godard had done up to this point, and kindaa hinted at what he was about to do.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|