View Single Post
Old 01.11.2013, 03:02 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That is a simplistic analysis as to why victims of sexual abuse stay quiet. It is not always fear of stigmatization. Sometimes it is a fear of being blamed, misunderstood, scoffed, threatened, and even just embarrassed. I mean, we don't like our 7th grade pictures to blasted everywhere, why would someone want to share what is one of the most tragic if not the most tragic events of their lives with strangers? For the sake of prosecution? For "justice"? Personally, if it had happened to me, I'd be keeping quiet too. If I felt so inclined for "justice", then I would probably just feel better taking care of things myself or relying on trusted vigilantes, instead of dragging private business deep into the public record.

So its not just us on the outside in society which can influence people to keep quiet, sometimes they may just prefer that for their own personal reasons.

I never meant it as an analysis. It is just a truth. Like all things relating to humans, the complexities are endless.