View Single Post
Old 04.26.2006, 07:26 AM   #22
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Okay so I've cracked it... it's been driving me crazy for weeks... I knew that I'd seen the Rather Ripped cover somewhere before... or something similar, it wasn't until I saw the b+w version that it clicked. It is definitely the work of Christopher Wool... I have a catalogue of his collaboration with Harmony Korine called 'Pass The Bitch Chicken' from 2001 (one for HaydenAsche) and look what I found...

now look at the image from the Kung Fu site.

Christopher is mostly known for his large text paintings.

here's a short biography...http://www.ubs.com/4/artcollection/t...phy/index.html
So they have kept the grand tradition of working with, or including work of (predominantly East Coast) artists on their album covers alive!
Thank Mary-Christ.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|