View Single Post
Old 05.08.2017, 02:15 PM   #8454
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
LOL, ah 'that' game. I assumed that was precisely the kind of match that defied analysis. Like 'that' Hagler-Hearns fight. Sport as pure one-dimensional aggression. I just read the teaser though, and, what I really like about Cox's style is he can focus on the tactics without ignoring the sheer intensity of it all. A lot of tactics' heads get too cold about things, missing the real story, but he never seems to. Also interesting was how that definitely defined Keegan's Newcastle (and Keegan's managerial style as a whole), the stats for that season telli another story.

Also a bit of a nostalgia trip, reading about Collymore without mention of either Ulrika or dogging in the same sentence. (Hated him then, still hate him, only for different reasons.)

Brilliant stuff.

Crazy how one game can make you think that that's how Newcastle were for the whole season.

Cox does mention in that piece how it's an odd to try and unravel but it's good to read about it. I was *thinks* 10 at the time, didn't have sky and it was a school night so I definitely didn't see that game at the time. The only things I had to keep up with the games/teams were seeing Everton play, premier league stickers and teletext. Meaning I was never in the slightest knowledgeable about tactics in teams. Who is at 10?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|