View Single Post
Old 06.23.2015, 10:01 AM   #46912
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i've been listening to this album repeatedly and i can't get it out of my head

(i'm using only the back cover because the front was adulterated/falsified for america)

musically it's a prelude of things to come and it's the first yes album that sounds like yes proper-- the first one is a different animal. this reminds me of jefferson airplane a bit-- same era & what not. a lot of critics haven't like this much-- but bill bruford on drums and chris squire on bass are just amazing together, in spite of the string sections and other orchestral shit larding up the production--so i end up really liking it because of these 2 geniuses.

here's a live version of the opening track, which is a richie havens cover. pre-album because the video is dated a year earlier and peter banks is still in it (he was fired soon after the album was released, after the orchestra did his part). anyway these fuckers were good. ignore all the man with the lady voice and just keep an eye/ ear on the drum + the bass

https://youtu.be/o0t1CDzHdsg

damn!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|