View Single Post
Old 08.26.2013, 12:09 PM   #17419
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
OH DAMN I CALL BULLSHIT-- the director said they were the first "indie" movie in cannes but SHADOWS won a prize there.

ah, self-hyping east villagers from the 70s! incorrigible...

It seems like there's a lot of conflicting information about Shadows being at Cannes. Some say it won the critics award there but to my knowledge that was at Venice. I don't think it actually showed at Cannes. I just checked the Cannes website and it isn't mentioned anywhere. I may well be wrong though.

Anyway, just watched

The Border

Strange film. The cast, theme, director, pretty much everything about this film should've made it an absolute winner. It's not bad just a bit underwhelming, in a way that no film set on the US-Mexican border in the late 70s and starring Warren Oates, Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel has any right to be.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|