View Single Post
Old 09.05.2012, 08:45 AM   #186
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Wayne himself said rap is boring to him these days and he prefers sk8ing. sad.

i agree the beats are some generic ass trap shit. i just miss the soul sampled stuff. it's not coming back to Wayne or hip-hop again though.

yeah it's weird, basically every track on D4 is about head or skating. It's just kind of upsetting to hear him dwindle down to such narrow content. I guess I'd be better with it if the beat selection was better. Think of the first two Dedications. I mean D2 is probably my fav mixtape ever, and so much of that is the beat selection. Not tired overused beats, but not crap either. There's diversity. I don't hate any of the instrumentals used on D4, but at the same time, like you said, mostly all same-sounding trap. Same tempo. Just low bass and a high synth doing not much. The track with Nikki Minaj was sounding good. The J Cole track is prob the best, but Wayne's verse is short (though easily the most exciting of his verses on the whole tape) and he even makes a point to say he doesn't even like the beat. :\ The outro dub-ish beat is nice, but it's just an outro. If he had rapped on that would have at least been more diverse.