View Single Post
Old 08.10.2006, 11:17 AM   #78
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Personally, I have no interest in receiving a mix cd for the reasons stated by Porky and others. I have a pile of cd's that people have done for me that I NEVER listen to. But I have mix tapes more than 10 years old that I still play.

That's why I started a mix tape thread. When cryptothingy suggested adding mix CD's, I suggested it might be an idea to start a separate CD swap thread. He did this, but I understand that it wasn't all that successful. I don't think many people signed up to it. Maybe it's worth finding that thread and seeing if the people who did sign up are still interested.

I also don't have a turntable and only buy CD's these days by the way.

At the risk of sounding pretentious and snobby, there is a different "feel" or aesthetic to a mix tape as opposed to a mix CD. For one thing, you've got two sides to a tape. That automatically creates two arcs.

You also have to slow down, both when you make the tape and when you listen. The taping is "live," you have to record as you play and listen, there's no quick downloading and so on.

And when you're playing back, there's no instantaneous forwarding to another track; you either have to listen to the whole tape or shuffle through the tape sequence searching for a track.