View Single Post
Old 01.17.2014, 05:52 PM   #17661
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I have not seen 12 Years a Slave yet. I'm enjoying reading the discussion on here that the mention of the film has inspired, and the comparisons being made between this film and "Schindler's List". I also find the discussion of a film's topic affects us any differently if the film is a fictionalized narrative, or a documentary. Which reminded me that there is documentary on The Holocaust called "Memory of the Camps" in which the filmmaker received advisement from none other than Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock himself didn't produce or do any technical work on the film but as is the way this film has been described as "Hitchcock's Holocaust Documentary", which I think is misleading.

http://www.openculture.com/2014/01/m...hitchcock.html

There is the link on the story if anyone is interested.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|