View Single Post
Old 10.07.2012, 10:00 AM   #9
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Wait....a cassette??

That's just....

Nobody plays cassettes, you dope-smoking devilfiends.

Ha, nobody buys Terrorizer either, I'd think? (I don't know actually, I've never read it.)
I don't know how limited it is exactly and it's probably crap anyway, but I'm a bit of a sucker for this stuff.

Wizard's Jus Oborn says:

'We had planned on releasing a cassette for a while now and then Terrorizer asked if we'd be into it. We love (the) dead formats, I mean, I still play the fuckin' things and VHS and even 8mm. Electric Wizard sounds great on tape anyway, too bassy and phased out, haha. The whole band grew up with tape-trading so we are all nostalgic for it, we did hundreds of Electric Wizard cassettes back in the day, all recorded in Tim Bagshaws lounge. The first time we saw a studio was when we did the first LP in 1993.

Basically this is the 'Legalise Drugs & Murder' Cassette EP . 'Legalise Drugs & Murder' & 'Murder & Madness' were recorded late last year and were released as a Ltd 7" in March. They are total statement of intent songs...'Legalise...' is really anthemic and a rallying call for all the Wizard freaks. 'Murder & Madness' is the result of late, late night/early morning bong sessions haha... our true 'statement of intent'.

'Satyr IX' is a nasty 4-track demo of the 'Black Masses' track. It was recorded on cassette in a freezing and mouldy rehearsal room, so its almost black metal. But really slow and cold with added mushrooms... actually back in the day I used to trade psych and magic mushroom tales with Euronymous and Metalian, they were total druggers back then.

'Patterns of Evil' was remixed cos we weren't 100% happy with the LP version. This is more aggressive and sleazy sounding.

Then we have a special track that we recorded with the 'Legalise..' sessions, its our Hawkwind/Amon Duul 2 homage for Dave Anderson at Foel. We always have a sick time there and its in the middle of fucking nowhere. I can't get enough of Dave's tales of early Hawkwind/Amon Duul 2 and meeting the Baader-Meinhoff, nearly joining Alice Cooper etc etc....

'Our Witchcult Grows...' the real wizard fans will know what this is.'
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|