View Single Post
Old 01.29.2008, 10:53 PM   #7
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
as we all know now, metal is much much more than big hair and spandex. there is as much creative and brilliant music coming out of metal just as much if not more than all other types of music as of 2008. With that in mind, what are your favorite genres of metal, and your favorites artists from those categories...

Mine: (note, Slayer was, is, and always will be not only my favorite metal band, but one of my favorite bands perfect. When creating music whether it be in a band or just jamming on the guitar, I seem to always want to incorporate either their speed, intensity, riffs, etc... more than any other bands. Unforunatly, thrash doesnt fall into my favorite categories of metal, so i had to make a side note for them).

When it comes to metal, i tend to love either the extremly fast, grindcore, or the extremly slow, sludge/doom/drone, whatever.

Favorite Grindcore Bands (as john zorn says, grindcore is the freejazz of metal):
Early Napalm Death
Early Bolt Thrower
Discordance Axis
Early Carcass
Anal Cunt
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Nasum
Pig Destroyer (the best metal band going right now in any genre imo)
Orchid (only sorta grindcore but it fits)
Red Chord (some say their death metal, some say theyre not, i say theyre grindcore, feel free to disagree)
Spazz (spazzcore is just a weirdder version of grindcore, and that very very weird)
Psycho
Meat Shits
Daughters (birthday party meets grindcore, very cool, check em out)
Fuck on The Beach (more thrash than grindcore, but i always feel compelled to mention them cause theyre just so RADICAL)
Burnt by the Sun
Zeni Geva (more noise than metal, but for some reason i once again felt compelled to put them here cuz theyre so fuckign RADICAL!!!!)
Takaru

Fave Sludge/Doom/Drone wateva Bands:
Black Sabbath (DUH!)
Melvins (DUH!)
Earth (DUH!)
Godflesh
Sleep
Isis
Old Man Gloom
Sunn o))
Boris
Khanate
Weedeater
Eyehategod
OM
Saint Vitus
Soilent Green

i also like some death metal:
nile
early morbid angel
early death
early obituary (i heard some ass kickin death noise band with the drummer from obituary and andrew wk, anyone know the name to this?)
assuck (sorta like melodic death)
meshuggah (like math death metal, but most prolly have heard them anyways)

well, im spent, you guys can divulge now...

i always thought of orchid as a hardcore band. speaking of assuck, have you heard jud jud? they were a mock hardcore band that only uses noises they make themselves. it's kind of hard to explain without hearing them though.

i met the singer of morbid angel at this redneck metal bar in tampa (where they have heavy metal karaoke night). he's an ass, but early morbid angel is amazing.

i'll make my list later.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|