View Single Post
Old 07.25.2017, 11:42 AM   #313
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
seen them live, was a bit disappointing. that album is killer though.

Is it just me or do shows by electronic acts kind of almost tend to be disappointing when they're an artist you already like, whose album you have fallen in love with?

I think so, a bit. I'm not into any drug scenes or anything (at least not anymore) so I just go for the music — not a party. And I've been kind of "meh" about shows by some big names that I love/loved like Aphex Twin and Amon Tobin, and while I may have really valued the experience (Aphex being absolute all-time favorite artist), I don't know that the show was really all that good.

Rather, I've tended to be floored when it's a DJ set or something by someone I've never heard of. Like, if I'm at a festival and I go to the DJ tent with zero expectations because no banner-names are on the bill, and I something that just blows me the fuck away. That's happened quite a bit. I go expecting to chill and have a beer or whatever with some background music, and something catches my ear, or some mashup of records hits me like a sucker punch, and then I'm just captivated.

I don't go to many electronic shows anymore, but I feel like the artist has to do something really special to make it a good *show* and not just good music playing. That, or, the surprise of being emotionally impacted by something you didn't expect.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|