View Single Post
Old 10.02.2015, 11:02 AM   #19107
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
it's also about fascist japans kamikaze psychology, postwar liberalism, an inverted buddhist narrative, a critique of christianity, cloning, automation, the loss of the self in post modernity and loads of psychosexual stuff.

and one of the best soundtracks ever.

get the original version with eng subs and watch the end of eva movie when it ends.

also fear the walking dead is getting pretty good atm.

i honestly wasn't too impressed with it. i get that it has good ideas throughout, but every episode seemed like a 10 minute recap, 10 minute actual episode, 10 minute preview of things to come, and generally was a bit childish. not bad, but ultimately for kids in a just-for-kids way. i.e. if i was 13 my mind would have been blown, but at 300 years old it's no surprise. maybe the manga is different.

my favorite was seeing the whole mythology of the thing as a sort of jungian/hessian magic theatre where he works out his depression. kinda like the second season of twin peaks where the hotel guy plays civil war with his toy soldiers, but here you get in and follow the toy battles.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|