View Single Post
Old 09.10.2015, 04:10 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
To me SY came first and after that Nirvana. I heard GOO first time about half year itīs release. But reason why I like it so much is that it reminds me many of the sixties stuff I loved. So the reason I started to love it wasnīt any "this is music Iīve never heard before" itīs more like "really great some todayīs band have made an album that is so much the music I love".

But I also really remember when I heard "Smells like teen Spirit" first time. It had pure energy that I hadnīt heard a long time. My brother bought Nevermind and I brought it to some our schoolīs party. Of course the most of the people didnīt understand it at all, but there were maybe three guys who went absolutely grazy about it and asked me whatīs this, itīs really great! Even that song has become some kind of Stairway to Heaven of grunge, I still remember that my first feeling always when I hear it. Later of course I met guys, who had been Nirvana-fans already in Bleach-time (you know there are always guys who heard great bands from their first demos, Metallica was playing in a very small Place in Finland after they had made Kill Em All, there were guys watching it, but not me).

I think those were great times, I think grunge was the last true youth movement. Year after hearing Smells like teen spirit like many other fans in Finland I went to see Nirvana in a Ruisrock-festival. It was a little bit disappointment to me, but I think I will remember it rest of my life.

Anyway Nirvana become a band almost everybody of my friends listened, SY was never as popular here. But even I liked Nirvana then and has liked it also later, it never became as important to me as SY.

About Nirvana & the Beatles, I have always thought Nevermind is kind of Beatles-album made in the nineties way.
Great post, i love a European perspective on nevermind

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|