Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 12.16.2013, 09:34 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think the Beatles influence was 100 times bigger in 1967 than anything Nirvana did.

The Beatles forced, through their own creativity, every other big player in rock music at the time to reconsider how they did things, to write their OWN SONGS, instead of releasing cover albums with one or two originals. They forced the Beach boys, the Stones, The Who, etc etc to up their game, their creative game.

Nirvana was nowhere near that level of influence. If anything Nirvana more negatively influenced music than positively. There are hundreds of genius bands that will tell you to a person they owe their existence to having heard/seen the beatles.

Because of Nirvana we got Creed, Nickleback, and watered down metal pretending to be "grunge."