View Single Post
Old 07.19.2013, 11:16 PM   #11
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
in 30 years of recording live music, she's the only one who freaked out on me. She's a fucking bitch, but that's her choice.
My experience is totally different. She had a celestial attitude when I met her last year, and I can say there are at least two different recordings of her solo set at Festival Aural in Mexico City, which aren't circulating for reasons which doesn't have anything to do with her. It's rather a matter of quality of the final results of the capture, my own idiocy, and some other factors as well (speaking solely in regards to those recordings in my possession).

If she's actually against this type of documentation, I'm still have to be grateful that there are many remarkable exceptions to the rule (some recordings related to Issue Project Room, Cine Visible, and Audition Records quickly come to mind, as do a bunch of others which were distributed through dimeadozen, etc...). Quite a shame that this would put a halt to many other possibilities, though. On the other hand, she's one of the hardest-working people in business, and is able to frequently establish solid associations with some of the greatest, and so, in this sense, there's no doubt there will be something to look forward to in the way of an official artifact, as it has been proved more than once.

All of this is reinforcing the message that I then should try to save money no matter how hard it should be, if I am ever going to aspire to get a hold of something like this. Expecting these things that would at best provide a notion of the true magnificence of the event, can lead to serious disappointment.