View Single Post
Old 11.07.2014, 12:19 AM   #13
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I am getting:

Morrissey/Ramones
Faith No More
Imagine Piese Flaming Lips
Soundgarden B Sides Collection

Whoah, whoah... Imagine Piese?? I haven't heard about that one.
Did they ever release The Time Has Come to Shoot You Down... What A Sound on CD? I have never seen it, and I think it would be a badass RSD reissue.

Also, Heady Nuggs needs a CD release. Of course the vinyl box is awesome, and ultimately about 100x cooler than a cd release would be, but I feel like it interrupted the flow of the career-spanning reissue project.

Finally the Punk Rockers Are Taking Acid (cd's marked 1-3)
The Day They Shot A Hole In The Jesus Egg (cd's marked 4 & 5)
Heady Nuggs (Well, one would think this would contain markings 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10, being a collection of the first 5 WB albums, minus Zaireeka, but we'll probably never find out, because - y'know - who would want to own a CD twice, right? Well, fuck you, because I would, and so would every fucking fanboy record labels hawk their re-pressed meat to every time a new unheard demo is dug out from someone's petrified shite!

I just can't stand it when bands dont follow through on their massive projects and archival undertakings (ahem, Sonic Youth stopping their already skewed and out of order reissue series JUST WHEN "SISTER" IS THE NEXT LOGICAL RUNNER UP?!??? Eh?! ANYONE! Ok I'm getting a hernia.)

.. But w/ the Lips there's more to it: see, anyone who wasn't swimming in cash when "Heady Nuggs" was first released.. Especially those who have not made up for their past deficit by going to work for the Koch brothers and making a goddamn mint in the years since... well, they're FUCKED, because the box set was ltd. Edition, and sold out fairly quickly (Lips fans are like Dead fans, Dylan fans, and Phish fans... They invest every penny they make into buying expensive recordings, collectibles, live shows, etc.

Now they're all selling their $175 Nuggs boxes for, like, $300-$500 on eBay, and as long as a CD edition doesn't drop, poor bastards are going to drop huge sums of money on records that cost $12 a pop individually.

So releasing a CD version would help people who aren't predatory vinyl flippers with fat wallets to match their fat blunts and fat asses get their hands on the actual content. And kids! Remember kids? Well, maybe even a kid or two could afford to own that sweet, sweet boxed set that was Rendered LIKE, INSTANTLY OBSOLETE WHEN THE BAND KEPT RECORDING NEW LP's AFTER 2002.

For fuck's sake, it's missing 3 proper albums, one more-or-less proper album with a circus of cameos (Heady Fwends), two really really really long fucking songs, the shorter of which is longer than Heady Nuggs in its entirety, and 3 album reconstructions, as well as some oddly packaged jobbers and throwaway collabo singles that didn't make the Heady Fwends cut, some WEIRDASS film score, a handful of holiday themed releases, one "soundtrack EP" for an adaptation of bigass homophobic Orson Scott-Card's Ender's Game, which nobody apparently asked the band to make, and which was not featured in the film or the accompanying soundtrack, but contains some of their best mom-album tracks in a decade, and ONE album as a completely different band that sounds pretty much like Embryonic-era Flaming Lips (don't tell)

Fucking shit needs to be on cd, goddammit. And numbered appropriately, because it's almost time to release the NEXT volume of album reissues, and I for one don't like to fucking wait!

Being a Lips fan is soooo hard. (Nah, actually it's awesome. Can't even keep track of all the new shit, and there's always more coming. Haters keep hating, but I'm living in Christmasland over here.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|