View Single Post
Old 04.06.2006, 09:48 AM   #7
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
Darn it, the Cincinnati show is with Robert Pollard... I was hoping to get to go to one of these.

The asterisks represent shows they are doing with Tom Petty... a strange pairing.

Don't diss on Pearl Jam; they play two and half hour shows, mix up their setlists, have made incredible music under the public radar since their heyday in the early nineties, give a lot to their fans, charity, and political debate, and are one of the best live bands around.

I wouldn't judge it until you gave it a proper chance!

Don't get too upset that Pollard is opening for PJ. While I will miss the chance to see SY because of it, Pollard is still a strong opener. It should be interesting how he mixes it up with such a large crowd. I've heard that his new bands rocks hard (Tommy Keene on guitar) so it should be arena-worthy.

Also, the last time Pj was in town, there show got cancelled because of flood waters at the riverside, outdoor venue. This is really a make-up show from 2002(3). Pj tends to reward fans that have been inconvenienced even if it wasn't their fault. Plus this is the venue of the infamous Who stampede which vedder referenced in their 2000 show (with SY as the opener) by playing a killer solo version of "The Kids Are Alright".

Plus it's on a Saturday night. Sounds like a no-brainer.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|