View Single Post
Old 07.18.2017, 11:51 AM   #1394
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
okay, i saw both pertwee and baker and i think i confused both their faces ha ha ha. i thought the one was the older version of the other. bha ha haa.

SO. genesis on the daleks is not on netflix, but i've queued up an earlier story, THE DALEK INVASION OF EARTH.

it's from 1964 and not your favorite doctor and *i know it's gonna be clunky as fuck and look like shit* but i'm willing to go for the archeology of the thing. it's the earliest dalek title i could find available.

i did find ARK IN SPACE though! i've queued it up also. and THE DEADLY ASSASSIN as well. 1974 + 1976.

Netflix used to have EVERYTHING. It was AWESOME. From the first episode to the most recent season of the 2004- show (excluding, perhaps, the 1996 TV-movie which I haven't seen which features fucking ERIC ROBERTS!) A couple of years back they removed everything but the reboots, and it pissed me the fuck off.

Eta: Oh yah, you do DVD, not steaming. So they probably still have "classic" Who available that way. And if you're starting with early episodes, keep in mind how little funding they had, and how they faced a challenge in transforming one soundstage into the entire universe. They became quite good at it actually, and the show's writing had to rise to the occasion as a result.

There is certainly a lot to be gained from watching those early episodes.

Just don't stop with the new ones!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|