Thread: Money
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2006, 11:18 AM   #8
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
Savannah is a great place for yr parents and sister to live, says I.

So, I've been looking into the whole SRI thing and it seems like a good idea. If I could put three or four hundred dollars a month into investments that average out to a 10-12 percent return, then I'll have a down payment on a house by the time I get out of college. I'm checking out ETFs (I don't feel like explaining it, and I doubt many people on this board care), and I've found an index-fund that tracks clean energy companies. Seems like a good balance between ethics and profit.

As for the whole savings bond thing... If you (or yr parents) HAD 40 dollars a week since you were born, you could put it in a money market account, and make twice that money or more by the time yr thirty. But 2000 a year is a lot to give yr child when you've got bills, retirement, etc. That's assuming yr not putting any money aside for college, etc.

Yeah, yeah...

Thanks for yr time.