Thread: Money
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2006, 06:50 AM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheii
What do you guys think about investing yr money, making it "work for you." My dad has been encouraging me to research the whole world of investing, yadda yadda yadda, and its all so strange and unfamiliar. Any random comments about currency would entertain me.

well there is this whole association of "money is dirty" which i find really harmful but money is nothing more than the language of... human energy?

so i'd say YEAH make money & increase it. make it work for you so you don't have to become one of those wal-mart greeters when you're 80.

or save enough cash so you can take a year off to write your novel.

etc.

the myth of the starving artist is a damaging one. who the fuck can write on an empty stomach? lies!!! & fuck tuberculosis.

anyway there's the whole ethical/moral issue of the use of money, and truly, we can't predict anything, given the law of unintended consequences, etc. etc., but if we decide to go ahead & live, well, then, you don't have to be a capitalist pig, an oil warmonger-- you can invest & be a different sort of capitalist.

see the calvert fund

see also working assets, though they don't invest your money, that's the idea... they used to be my long distance company. well they are a nonprofit. im confusing, am i not?

oh, more info on socially responsible investment here

anyway yeah man, don't work for the money, it's an ungrateful chore. have the money work for you, & then you can be free to work doing what you love.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|