View Single Post
Old 07.24.2008, 10:11 AM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hypermagic is intense the whole way through and features lots of parts and more insane drumming/riffing. Also, the production is really.. um... acquired. Haha. Features a good stretch of just amazing songs; in fact I'd say almost every song on this album is a classic.

Wonderful Rainbow is a better sounding album that doesn't seem to hit you over the head as much, though the first few songs are all quite good, including "2 Towers" which is mostly one riff played for 7 minutes. Really awesome song and it definitely captures what makes Lightning Bolt so special. The last 4 or so songs on the album, however, feel really sluggish and mundane and don't hold the momentum, power, or intelligence of the rest of their work.. at least to me. If you ever hear someone pick their favorite song from the album, it's usually one of the first 5, so I think people agree to an extent.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|