View Single Post
Old 07.01.2009, 01:03 AM   #15
mattmacneil
little trouble girl

mattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
The funny thing about it is, nobody will really appreciate hearing these songs live until the album has become an old favorite. I remember seeing them on the 1000 leaves tour. I saw the show that happened the day the album came out, so I had only heard half the album before seeing the show. I knew I wouldn't hear more than two old songs, but was still disappointed at the show. God, now to hear 1000 leaves performed in its (near) entirety would be bliss.

To make the world go full circle, though, they closed that show with Death Valley also. It made up for some of what I felt like I had missed.

I find it sad how many songs are in the sonic graveyard and will never come zombified back to life--even just one album later. Ah, to hear that riff on "Ineffable Me" again!!!!.... or "Stones" or (widdling hands) "Rain on Tin".

Yeah, that is true. In years to come, we can say "I saw them perform all of 'The Eternal'. Yes son, all of it."
Where were you seated, Rupert?
mattmacneil is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|