View Single Post
Old 10.23.2015, 03:19 PM   #11
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I would say the same about any other take-after-take-of-the-same-tune compilation. The amazing thing about The Complete Fun House Sessions is that listening to it never feels like a drag, never feels like work, never feels like "Ugh, here comes the same damn one again, what's the point". You enter O-MIND and every variation made by each of the five members grabs you while you navigate this degenerate state. It's the REAL rock-jazz fusion, that thing.
Well, I really love SYR2 where are those really different versions of two ATL songs. BUT, in the seventies mostly bands have made full arrangements before they go into studios. When I have listened the outtakes of my Fun House 2lp, I really havenīt find much of differences. Of course intro in t.v. Eye is really great (is it Iggy?). Also I can hear Mackay sax is greater in outakes of 1970 & Fun House. Also Lost in the future is really great, hard to understand why it isnīt in fun house or Raw Power. But all the other outakes are weaker in my 2lp. Really hard to understand why I need to hear the whole sessions? I have never been interested those "all they recorded"-boxes, even I really love Dylan & the Band Basement Tapes, that original 2lp has always been enough to me.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|