View Single Post
Old 10.30.2014, 01:37 PM   #18215
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Just watched Argo.. fucking shit was as brilliant as the talking heads said!

I found ARGO entertaining as a piece of filmmaking and dull as a piece of expository "history." I do not know if the reason is that I find Ben Who-ffleck to be a one-note actor with the subtlety of a Gallagher joke, or because it was so damn "Hollywood" in it's plot conventions.

Not to mention the USA_aggrandizing lies told through it all.

Basically I found the film to be another version of Hollywood sucking it's own cock, praising itself for being so cool as to help save white hostages from brown folks. The entire actual operation was 90% Canadian, and very little help from USA was given. The academy of motion pictures loves to suck it's own cock by awarding Oscars to movies that glamorize the work of Hollywood.

It was NOT deserving of even a nomination.

Lies lies and more lies