View Single Post
Old 09.06.2009, 12:19 PM   #63
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

damned feminazis.. sorry for the tirade, I digress..

There are and will always be the crazies in ANY movement or cause who take things too far. The fact that people are constantly equating vocal feminists with being feminazis just proves how much work the women's movement needs to do. People continue to get that knee-jerk reaction when women come together and speak up. They think that it must be crazy radicalism. They think that feminists must be out there to convert the masses and force their ideology down the throats of the masses. Total bull.

I identify as a radical feminist (as in i believe in addressing root causes of gender inequalities, not just barbie doll imagery) and I'm sick of people confusing that w me wanting a matriarchy. I don't want a matriarchy, however I know that I have to continue to be loud and assertive in order to just be treated on an equal plane. If you are quiet or allow yrself to forget shit won't get done and history will repeat itself. Women who are too vocal about feminism tend to not be taken seriously. I've already gotten shit on this board for proclaiming my feminism, and I'm sure that I'll continue to get more.

Also, there is a lot of diversity within the feminist movement and I'm sick of people thinking that feminists all think alike. We are not sheep. That mentality really irks and offends me.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|