View Single Post
Old 11.13.2020, 03:12 PM   #41
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
The art space I used to host parties, exhibit my works and at times loved to hang out at, will be no more before the end of the year. Massive debt, water damage, a new landlord and virtually no revenue during the Corona-year were the final nail in the coffin.

I've known it'll be over soon for some time now, at first they said it'll be over in July next year, then last week they confirmed that it'll be over by the end of 2020 already and they're in a hurry to get money to for the last few payments, so they're able to get funding for whatever place they may or may not find in the future. At first there was too much shit going on, so this kind of slipped into the back of my mind. Then yesterday night it suddenly hit me with full force: Fuck! An absolute institution will be gone in a month's time. I had my ups and downs with that place, but it was always some sort of symbol of the last vestiges of some sort of bohemian lifestyle in an increasingly uniform and gentrified society. And just going there and soaking in the atmosphere felt nice.

They're trying to do a swan-song documentary with old footage and interviews as a promotion for a kickstarter/donation drive to be able to clear the debt now. Think I'll contribute a few old pictures and video footage. But damn.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|