Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 04:25 PM   #41
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah, they responded, but I don't think with a record that sounded like the Beatles, it was a record that sounded even more like the Stones, and I would dare say that looking at who was playing what before 1967, I'd almost say that it could be argued that it was the Beatles were responding to the Stones with Sgt Pepper and not the other way around.

See, Paul got to work on the SGT PEPPER's project once he heard The Beach Boys' PET SOUNDS.

So, no.

This is basic 60s rock history, so I'm done.

------

By the way, is there a good band that has been influenced by Nirvana? I'm really scratching my head here. One? There must be.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
No time to read the whole thread now but wasn't Paul McCartney the Beatle who had the most interest in experimental music, art and literature when the band was still going? I thought it was a well know fact that he was an early fan of VU's first album, attended AMM gigs and his was the decision to include William Burroughs on the cover of St. Pepper's.

Got high with Jean Luc Goddard and made some experimental home movies with him, apparently. Forget where I read that.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|