View Single Post
Old 03.28.2006, 07:52 PM   #13
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I agree with you. it is time for a log sonic skronk freakout.
rain on tin is longish but not like expressway or MOTE or Diamond Sea.
I think MOTE negates your theory though yo. MOTE is 9 minutes long, 4.5 minutes of song, followed by 4.5 minutes of the sweetest skronk I have ever ever had the opportunity to wrap my ears around.

MOTE!!!!

best SY song ever!!! (it changes every day)

true, true.

but another thing that links expressway and the diamond sea is that they are set closers for excellence. while i'm not sure if mote was ever i closer, it certainly has never been a chronic set closer like expressway or diamond sea; also, mote is not as recognized or beloved by the sy fandom as the other two songs (which is a shame because it rules). these songs are different from the rest of the band's output, including it's long songs. also, i've heard mote live and they usually cut the noise improve short, instead of extending it

again, i'm NOT saying expressway and diamond sea are the only two long songs sy have, far from it. too many to count, too many to mention. (if we go like this, then sonic death parts 1 and 2 are also overlooked) i was pointing these two songs and a pattern. whatever, i was just making an observation

another observation: none of you have heard rather ripped yet so you never know, and i know it's more probably that i'm wrong than anything else.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|