View Single Post
Old 02.13.2009, 04:47 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
^^most elements of this are pretty good dirtslingers, no cleaners, hahaha

serious. I used to sling noise as well, but then I got swallowed up by the Uroboros which is the grateful dead and I had to switch to a clean sound, which is so contrasting its not even funny!

Also, I evolved into a rather good reggae musician, which equally demands a clean sound.

for me, simple is the way. Less is more with a clean sound, particularly with recording. GOOD cables, are a must. GOOD electronic upgrades on your guitars are a must, you can play a shitty $100 guitar as long as the hardware inside has been properly upgraded..

and of course, LOW LOW LOW volume. The lower your play and record, the better the mix sounds, as you can always turn up the volume on the mix.

When you are putting into a soundboard for a gig, play low on the input, and have the soundguy turn you up the output. When you are recording, play even lower.. this particular advice however, is equally if not MORE SO important for distortion than clean sound..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|