View Single Post
Old 07.23.2006, 03:50 PM   #15
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=khchris(original)
i know it's sad, but all great things do come to an end. i hope they pull out a couple more albums before they call it a day.[/quote]

Man, people have been talking like this since NYC Ghosts and Flowers came out. I really don't think we have much to worry about. Why does everyone assume they're not gonna stay on Geffen/Universal? Their contract is ending but Thurston just made a deal for them to distribute Ecstatic Peace. I don't think they're really yearning to switch labels, or move to an indie, or anything. The way they've always talked about it is that the major label doesn't interfere, doesn't even ask them when they're gonna have new record out, but that they record something, send it over, and the label pencils it in for release. That sounds like a great fucking set up to me. If anything I could see them moving to ecstatic peace, but still, I don't see what would be to gain from it, or really what the difference would be. Except for some contrived pull for Indie Credibility, which is something the Youth practically invented, and obviously don't care about as a status symbol.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|