View Single Post
Old 05.17.2008, 08:12 PM   #1180
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I didn't really care about Paradiso, seemed like a big old wankfest over the notion of Paradise. A bit too happy-clappy, 'everything will be ok' with a litany of legendary Christians. Purgatory just struck me as eternally confusing, which appeals to my sense of ethics.

Oh, well there you go then. I'd surmise Dante wrote it as a Christian and for Christians. What I enjoyed most about the whole thing was the complete slap in the face at the end, when he "can't" describe what God looks like. Actually the whole poem is about people being slapped in the face; Virgil gets knocked back from Paradise for being a pagan, which I thought was pretty funny in a car crash kinda way. I'd love to go back in time and just add 'pwned' to the end of the verse.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|