View Single Post
Old 05.05.2008, 07:06 AM   #66
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I'm not sure where you're coming from, but then neither were you apparently. I never said anything about Johnny Cash. I just didn't want my love of Dolly's classic early singles to be confused with the "Theme from the Body Guard" and "Islands in the Stream" which for many of the youngsters on this board is exactly what they think of as Dolly's early days.

When it comes to absolutely awful pop power ballads, Cash never went there (since you inserted this dodgy comparison), while Dolly paid all of the plastic surgery bills for decades. However, I wasn't trying to post about her shit to begin with, but to celebrate her awesome songs like "Here You Come Again" and "Coat of Many Colors".

Yeah, I was just talking cack, in fairness. Dolly has done some good stuff in the 80s, but there's a fair amount of cack in there.

If you think Cash never did pop power-ballads, you really should hear some of the stuff he put out in the 80s. He's done some of the shittest music I've ever heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|