View Single Post
Old 02.11.2008, 09:19 AM   #1
tasteinmen
bad moon rising

tasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, so i went for drive with my friend yesterday (in his car), and because I was tired of constantly listening to his tiny CD collection, (either Garbage, Muse or Skunk Anansie) I thought I'd bring a SY album with me (DDN) anyway, we pretty got through the whole album and by the time it got to The Wonder he said that all the songs had the same guitar riffs and same formula, which was a bit of an insult because DDN is amazing and has huge amounts of variety and different tunings, and also reminded me of the reason why over the past 3/4 of a year that I have been listening and discovering SY I've never bothered to introduce them to friends.
So I thought I'd make a compilation of their singles to prove that the band has a huge amount of variety to their music and sound, I chose singles because I suppose in away they are more accessible than the album tracks.

These are the tracks, in the following order that I chose:

1. Teenage Riot
2. Bull In The Heather
3. Sunday (edit)
4. Dirty Boots (edit)
5. Little Trouble Girl
6. Youth Against Fascism
7. Incinerate
8. Superstar
9. Kim Gordon and the Arthur Doyles Hand Cream
10. Sugar Kane (edit)
11. The Diamond Sea (Little Trouble Girl Single Edit)
12. Drunken Butterfly
13. Death Valley '69
14. Starpower (edit)
15. Disappearer
16. 100%
17. Kool Thing
18. Nevermind (What Was It Anyway)

Anyway, I am just wondering what you all think of the tracklisting, do you think it's suitable for a noob? and shows a lot of variety?
tasteinmen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|