View Single Post
Old 11.27.2012, 04:22 PM   #2152
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thanks for the link. Football and druglords. Could a documentary have a better theme? What did you think of moneyball? Lots of debate about how football-friendly the whole idea is. I loved the movie, though.

As for the Bundesliga, I simply haven't seen enough to really compare it with the Prem. Saying that, the quality in the Prem has definitely taken a dip. It's amazing that Man C and Man U top the league playing the way they are so far this season. I wonder if the title winner this time will be nothing more than the least mediocre team. But all leagues have periods like that. Good thing for the Prem, when the off-pitch quality falls off the boil there's always the behind the scenes drama to fill in.

moneyball was great---sorkin fucking rules. movie slowed down a bit near the end but the whole nerd approach was pretty great. have you watched sports night yet? it features another sports computer geek-- hilarious.

anyway i don't know if the idea can trasnfer so well to football cuz it's not so based on statistics the way baseball is, and has been, for over a century i think, but when you think about the "price per goal" of reus vs. cronaldo, you begin to wonder if dortmund at least is not using a similar approach. of course reus looks like a wet chicken and cronaldo looks like he waxes his chest, so madrid is probably paying a premium for his looks (something that came up in moneyball when the scouts discuss prospects).

speaking of dortmund, and tons of money (which theyd on't have), i haven't been able to watch a lot of man u games-- have they been using kagawa? i think dortmund misses him. i know they've been brilliant in the champions but they are about 4th place in the bundesliga-- they could easily climb back up though.

luckily there are people of good sense like gotze (his dad is an engineering professor so he prolly has intelligent genes) who value things other than raw money-- while the world was hyping him up he signed a contract with dortmund through (or till?) 2016. so at least he's safe and among friends.

meanwhile, arsenal wants to poach huntelaar from schalke. bah! from a rising team to a sinking one (but okay, cazorla is great)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|