View Single Post
Old 11.26.2012, 11:14 PM   #2148
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I can't see a strike. Most fans are now resigned to the fact that they simply can't afford to watch football other than on TV, which is obviously great news for Sky.

And yes, the Bundesliga may lack the glamour of some other leagues but as a business model it has to be the future.

i don't know about glamour-- the bundesliga matches are great. i really enjoy them more than the prem. i know you've spoken of the "intensity" of the prem but when the german fans chant i hear another story. and look at how all 3 german teams made it to the next round of the champions.

and of course no need for strikes-- the market self-regulates in the form of empty stadiums when people can't/won't afford tickets. "glamour" teams are also up to their nostrils in debt, and the bubble has to eventually burst. maybe tv revenue is enough to pay for the extravagance, maybe it's a money-laundering scheme where it doesn't matter if teams lose money as long as the mafioso owners can legitimize their wealth.

BTW speaking of that i posted in the movie thread that i had watched "the two escobars" on netflix. this is an ESPN film that might not be available outside of the US, but if you can catch it, have a look-- it was-- wow. i think the full movie is/might be on youtube.

oh yeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1VBawGN85Y

watch it. you'll be saying "daaaaaaamn!" or whatever is teh british equivalent of that expression. it's really fucking good, even though the word "soccer" is used way too often.

ps- watched "moneyball" the other day. maybe the germans have caught on w/ that scheme.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|