View Single Post
Old 03.23.2016, 10:14 PM   #47
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I don't like mopey Superman.

do they make these comic book films visually dark because they are afraid of the bright colors of the comic books themselves?

He's not mopey. He's just serious. You would be too if you were an alien protector of a planet that did nothing but slam you on need blogs.

As for DC being visually dark... Have you ever seen The Flash or Supergirl tv series? They're the opposite of dark.

Even Arrow, which tries to be dark so hard that it gets comical, is a pretty light affair these days. And what about the Green Lantern movie? Shit, but not dark.

And Superman Returns. Definitely not dark. Everyone hated it.

I don't really think of Man of Steel as dark; I think of it as epic and dramatic. It had plenty of light humor, but it doubled down on action because that's what everyone wanted from Superman. And then people hated it for having too many explosions. Ugh.

Superman needs to *bigger* than your average superhero, almost by necessity.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|