View Single Post
Old 10.21.2016, 11:21 AM   #1317
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The job of politicians is to convince people like me to vote, and if I am not convinced they didn't do their job. If any of y'all who support one candidate or policy couldn't convince me to vote for it, y'all didn't you your job simple as that. Don't get mad at or blame me for YOUR OWN POLITICAL FAILURES. its not my fault for being honest, and if y'all hold it against me haha that is totally your mistake.

This is actually a damn good point, and I never thought about it like this because I myself have always been a voter. You'd have to convince me NOT to vote. The process has been normalized for me to the extent that I wouldn't consider not participating unless there were some extreme extenuating circumstances. But I see what you mean.

Also, I want to clarify that I'm talking about voting for president here. Yes, I will argue all day and night with anyone with a soul that voting AGAINST TRUMP is more imprtant brat whatever's going on in their fragile little hearts, and that not voting against him when they clearly hate him is pretty much indefensible.

BUT... I am not going to jump down someone's throat for not voting for every proposition, every little city and county position. That's not what I'm talking about here. I should have specified that I'm talking about the presidential election, and this presidential election in particular.

My own rule when I'm in the booth is that if I don't know enough about the proposition, or the candidate for judge, or whatever.. or if I can't develop a satisfactory picture of what the consequences of voting YES or NO or For this guy or that guy will be, then I skip it. I certainly don't vote on issues that I don't understand or am not comfortable taking a position on, and I would never dream of trying to bully someone into voting for everything all the time. That's insane.

So yeah.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|