View Single Post
Old 03.23.2021, 12:03 PM   #24887
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anyway i wouldn't go as far as taking sean young's speculations as gospel, although what she says about the entertainment industry is absolutely correct. the "salt of the earth" people are among the crew. everybody else.... well...

Grain of salt of course applies to any claim. But it doesn't sound unlikely given the overall atmosphere in the industry, especially some forty years ago. She wouldn't be the first actress deemed "difficult to work with" after not playing by the fucked up rules some egomaniacs established. Of course, she's had her own set of problems, but given the shit that happens in the industry, I can see why.

Anyway. Yeah, I too see it as a document of the time it was made in. Doesn't make it any less cringey or fucked up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
in any case, ***deckard doesn't kill batty. batty's clock just runs out***

Yeah, that much is certain. The preceding scene in J.F. Sebastian's apartment made it clear that Batty was already experiencing accelerated signs of deterioration. He knew it was time to die, which might have factored into him saving Deckard - wanting to have a witness to his final thoughts and recollections.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|