View Single Post
Old 06.03.2015, 04:43 PM   #18798
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Seriously? Hmm. It didn't have that "great movie" feel for me. Maybe I was expecting more. It's not like it's awful. I greatly admire Jack Lemon and Shirley McLaine, and they're good in this.

The script, though--geeze. The "broads" have that horrible movie-cliche kind of talking that "cheap broads" in movies like this have. The men are cardboard caricatures, not characters--maybe that's the point. Even the Fred McMurry boss, a cliche, affluent family man in the 'burbs, lovely wife on whom he cheats. The writing was cliche after cliche, and predictable.

Maybe I need to watch it again.

it's a comedy, as i recall. it does flirt plenty with disaster and has its dramatic moments but i remember it primarily as a comedy. i don't think it's meant to be heavy and meditative. the way i see it, he got to be lighthearted while making some serious social criticism and what's virtually a call to arms. double win.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|