View Single Post
Old 10.16.2006, 02:22 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Bloody hell! We haven't even been to the chrimbo one yet. Luckily for my bank balance it's curated by The Dirty Three so there's every chance that it mightn't be that interesting. Surely there'll be Smog and maybe Low...Nick Cave perhaps. Nice enough but not pant wettingly so.

Maybe I should shut my cakehole until the line up is actually revealed.

I don't know. Mr Ellis seems pretty well acquainted with the contemporary reportoire, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some Ukrainian fiddling, some contemporary avant-ish stuff, perhaps even something from the violin canon (Ellis doing Bach's partitas - I can dream), maybe some Conrad, as well as the nicer bits from modern pop (Low etc). It would be nice to see some of the more interesting 'world' music there, your Huun Huur Tus and the like, which I don't think is likely to be outside of Ellis' ambit.

"Hey, speculation, you're so fine/ you're so fine you blow my mind/ Hey speculation! Hey hey/ speculation! hey hey..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|