View Single Post
Old 09.27.2011, 06:04 PM   #8
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
There's no question that they were a talented band, but they chose to be retards, and now they are the RUSH of our generation.

I was entering my teens when "Bullet..." came out, and for a time they were pretty much the biggest band in the world. Kids like me thought they might turn out to be our Beatles, or, since we'd *just* missed them, our Nirvana. "Bullet..." sparked the same kind of energy that "SLTS" did.

Anyway, I was just a sprat when Kurt Cobain died, and only had Unplugged in NY. I didn't really become a Nirvana fan until months after Cobain died. As a result, I felt like a "poseur", and desperately wanted some definitive band of my own to cling to, that I could tell my kids about... much like my father and uncles talk to me about the Beatles.

Kinda stupid, right? Well, I was young. Anyway, the Pumpkins tuned out to be a massive disappointment in every way. Adore was horrible. Machina was a bad joke, and Zeitgeist was Chinese Democracy for alt. kids.

I could probably get a lot of nostalgic joy out of listening to Mellon Collie now, but my overall impression of the band is that they are the epitome of suck, and that Billy Corgan is just Trent Reznor with less talent and ambition. Out of all the bands I loved as a young kid (pre-SY), Nirvana and NIN are the only ones that I still heartily love and respect.

the SPs fall into the Stone Temple Pilots category. I might turn certain songs up when they come on the FM and rock out for a sec, but I know it's trash.

By the way, Siamese Dream... My Bloody Valentine and Boston called... they want their bastard back.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|