View Single Post
Old 01.09.2011, 08:45 AM   #62
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is.. it's nice that they kinda became this pop band for Nevermind, but their songs became a bit too formulaic (which, admittingly, they stepped away from a bit more on In Utero). A song like Spank Thru almost sounds like prog rock compared to a song on Nevermind... indeed, their songs mostly became "verse chorus verse". That predictability made the band sound limited to me. And it's even sadder that they left their best and most creative songs ("BLANDEST") off of their records.

Overall, my feelings on this band is that, when one of their songs comes on, I'm really happy to hear it. But hearing a bunch of their songs in a row wears me down. Again, I highly suggest trying to watch the LIVE AT THE READING DVD. Great performances, but with so many Nevermind songs in a row, it gets tiring pretty quickly, in that context. The best part of the show was when Kurt played THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER.

I love Insesticide, though it's very inconsistent, none of the songs seem to belong. But their "Turnaround" cover -- Nirvana always chose great songs to cover! -- "ANEURYSM", "MOLLY'S LIPS" cover, "AERO ZEPPLIN", and so on and so on were brilliant. Gonna have to agree about one thing... I HATE "MEXICAN SEAFOOD"; I think it's awful.

How do you all feel about WITH THE LIGHTS OUT? I always see it at pawn shops for a few bucks. I am not really interested in the discs, since I have mp3's of their best rare/b-sides and stuff. I just want to know if the DVD is worth checking out.

I may be repeating myself, but I think Kurt was at his best when he wrote pop songs. Of course I like some of the little complicated songs like Scentless Apprentice. I´m not so huge Nirvana fan, I have only those four albums and I´m not going to buy more. So I don´t know nothing about With the light out.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|