View Single Post
Old 09.26.2016, 08:22 PM   #19689
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
OF COURSE. seen the series a bunch of times and a few episodes with the commentary on. also the movie was the last time i went to a movie house in the nearby town-- fuckers left the lights on. so now i have to drive hours to a "city" if i must have the megaplex experience. but yeah, serenity was desperately needed to close that loop.

oh, much ado about nothing was a nice little whedon reunion. i enjoyed it.

btw taking the other day about dc cab you realize the main actor in dc cab is jayne, yes? wait, it wasn't with you. but yeah that's a young jayne as the great white savior.

the one whedon project i ceased to like was agents of S.H.I.T. which had a promising 1st season (another chosen one). but i think he put his little brother + the brother's girlfriend in charge or something. anyway not my problem.

i also liked dollhouse! i thought it was great fun tv though it was also rushed to end.

oh, and dr. horrible, of course.

cabin in the woods somehow flew past my radar. i must have been in some sort of life crisis when it happened.

I quite like Agents of SHIELD, especially seasons 1 (the second half, mostly)
and season 3.

It's better than I expected it to be by leaps and bounds. But Season 2 suffered wth the stupid force-fed Inhumans backstory plot. Season 3 was much of the same, but pulled it off in a much better way. It brought the occult-Nazi side of Hydra to the forefront, and I have a thing for occult WWII related alternate histories.

Speaking of occult WWII alt. histories, I miss Hellboy! I liked the first film, but I think it could have been more stylized and reminiscent of the comics. That's one comic hero that could use a real full-throttle reboot. The films never did the gothic Lovecraftian horror of the comics justice.

Hellboy is great.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|